Step Into the World of the Stupendous, the Amazing, and the Dowright Bizarre at Circus! Science Under the Big Top
Queens, N.Y. – Let me introduce you, ladies and gentlemen, young and old, to New York’s one and only exhibition that tells all and shows all of the deep secrets and inside stories of the circus. Circus! Science Under the Big Top at the New York Hall of Science will shock and amaze you, while opening your eyes to the science behind the tricks, hijinks, and acrobatics of the circus.
I urge you, friends, not to miss this opportunity. Circus! Science Under the Big Top is in town only for a limited time – June 11 through September 4.
So step right up and become a part of the bizarre, the unique, and the wondrously strange world of the circus with these fascinating exhibits:
• High Wire – Do you have what it takes to be a tightrope walker? Draw up your courage and walk the high wire, all while securely harnessed. $4 per person.
• Elastic Acrobatics – Fly through the air with the greatest of ease! With the help of a safety harness, get raised into the air and perform tricks and somersaults, or just bounce up and down. $4 per person.
• Balance Bar – Test your balance on the balance bar – with or without balancing poles.
• Circus Lingo – Brush up on your parlari (the private language of circus folk) and learn the startling and humorous meanings of words and expressions such as ballyhoo, flag’s up, lot lice, and more.
• Animal Communication – Step into the captivating world of animal training and try to figure out what a lion, gorilla and elephant are each communicating. For inspiration, learn about the legendary circus animals Gargantua the Great and Jumbo the Elephant.
• Parade Remnants – The crowd certainly loves the animals, but someone has to clean up the doo-doo! Learn to tell the difference between elephant dung and lion scat by comparing fake animal droppings.
• Circus Music – The circus is a show, folks, so grab the keyboard and set the performances to music!
• Circus Smells – Dare to learn what’s really in a corn dog, all while testing your knowledge of circus scents.
• Clown Alley – If laughter is what you want, laughter is what you’ll get in clown alley. Get a quick clown education and then test out your skills on friends, family and unsuspecting strangers.
And that’s not all, folks, much more awaits you at Circus! Science Under the Big Top at the New York Hall of Science. Free with general museum admission, this is an experience you can’t afford to miss!
Circus! Science Under the Big Top was developed by the Ontario Science Centre. Admission to Circus! Science Under the Big Top is free with general NYSCI admission, except for the High Wire and Elastic Acrobatics activities, which cost $4 per person.